Friday, January 15, 2010

FALL REVIEW

Hey Ladies!
So, it's January and that means the end of the Fall footwear season is here. I know technically its still winter, and just recently got cold in our neck of the woods, but in the footwear buying industry the "Season" starts (and ends) months before the weather does. So when you saw sweaters and boots in the stores while it was still hot in August you may have been tempted to wait to buy those boots you loved...next season don't make that mistake. If you wait until December or January you'll only find whats left over. We have had so many customers come in lately because it's finally gotten cold here, and they are in a panic to find the perfect boot. For the lucky, they will find a boot in their size AND get it on sale, but most will feel like they missed the boat and have to settle. I know this because I recently had a baby and could not fit into my coat from last season. Needless to say, I had to make an emergency trip to the coat department for a size I dare not mention...and ended up having to buy the ugliest coat. That's what happens when you wait until the end of a season to buy what you need. But there is hope for you fashionistas out there with cold feet! Here at Shoefits we were lucky enough to find a new brand called ZIGI NY. They have just shipped us a few of their Spring boots.

(Click the boots to purchase with our online store!)

Did I say "Spring Boots" ?....Yes I did!
The industry is having a love affair with boots. They are showing short boots for Spring. The trend is to wear these ankle height boots now with your skinny jeans and tights and then transition them into your early spring wardrobe by wearing them with dresses layered with light sweaters or linen scarfs.

But lets say you are one of those ladies who love to show of those toes.... rev up your pedicures because the Spring 2010 footwear season is just starting.


Julie Dudek

3 comments:

  1. I love this blog. Thanks for the update on spring boots..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog almost as much as I love Shoefits. I have made some amazing purchases over the last few weeks and look forward to checking out what us new for spring.
    Keep up the good work ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Abbey on the biggest loser. I can't believe she was at Shoefits. You guys rock!!!

    ReplyDelete